Council seeks your feedback on proposed amendments to our current Development Control Plans (DCPs).
DCPs are detailed planning and design guidelines for new development which support the Local Environmental Plan (LEP) for an area. Council makes DCPs in consultation with the community. DCPs are important in the development assessment and approval process.
Inner West Council was formed in 2016 from the amalgamation of three former councils. Plans that guide land use and development from the former councils still apply.
Over the next two years Council will develop Our Place Inner West, a strategic land use planning framework including a Local Strategic Planning Statement, new LEP and comprehensive DCP for the whole Inner West Council area.
Visit the Our Place page for further information.
What's happening now?
As part of the first stage of Our Place Inner West, Council has reviewed the three current DCPs. The review has identified a number of inconsistencies and minor errors across five topics. The proposed amendments aim to align inconsistent provisions, correct errors and improve development assessment and control processes.
The proposed amendments relate to the three current DCPs:
- Marrickville Development Control Plan 2011
- Leichhardt Development Control Plan 2013
- Comprehensive Inner West Development Control Plan 2016 for Ashbury, Ashfield, Croydon, Croydon Park, Haberfield, Hurlstone Park and Summer Hill (Ashfield DCP)
About Amendment to DCP - 1. Site facilities and waste management
The key proposed changes are:
- Align waste and recycling rates for apartments
- Permit waste chutes in higher density development (for general waste only)
- Prohibit waste compaction (for Council collected waste only)
- Align commercial waste generation rates
- Require 660L bins in recycling/waste storage rooms in multi-dwelling residential developments
- Update truck dimensions for on-site collection to reflect Council’s current fleet
Hard copies of the draft DCP Amendment will be available at:
- Inner West Council Service Centres
- Haberfield, Balmain and Marrickville libraries
Make a submission
Council invites your feedback on the proposed amendments
- Online: by completing the 1. Site facilities and waste management submission 19/SF94
- Mail: Inner West Council, PO Box 14, Petersham, NSW 2049 Reference: 19/SF94
Submissions close on 30 April at 5pm
What happens next?
Everyone who makes a submission will be emailed to advise the date at which the elected Council will decide whether to adopt the amendments.
Register at Your Say Inner West to receive a monthly e-news on all projects open for community input and project updates.