Council seeks your feedback on proposed amendments to our current Development Control Plans (DCPs).
DCPs are detailed planning and design guidelines for new development which support the Local Environmental Plan (LEP) for an area. Council makes DCPs in consultation with the community. DCPs are important in the development assessment and approval process.
Inner West Council was formed in 2016 from the amalgamation of three former councils. Plans that guide land use and development from the former councils still apply.
Over the next two years Council will develop Our Place Inner West, a strategic land use planning framework including a Local Strategic Planning Statement, new LEP and comprehensive DCP for the whole Inner West Council area.
Visit the Our Place page for further information.
What's happening now?
As part of the first stage of Our Place Inner West, Council has reviewed the three current DCPs. The review has identified a number of inconsistencies and minor errors across five topics. The proposed amendments aim to align inconsistent provisions, correct errors and improve development assessment and control processes.
The proposed amendments relate to the three current DCPs:
- Marrickville Development Control Plan 2011
- Leichhardt Development Control Plan 2013
- Comprehensive Inner West Development Control Plan 2016 for Ashbury, Ashfield, Croydon, Croydon Park, Haberfield, Hurlstone Park and Summer Hill (Ashfield DCP)
About Amendment to DCP - 2. Flood management
The key proposed changes are:
- Clarify the controls for enclosed garages, underground and basement car parking facilities on flood affected land
- Align freeboard provisions (describes the height above certain flood levels) - 500mm freeboard remains the standard, however 300mm may be acceptable in certain circumstances
- Clarify when Flood Risk Management Reports are required and what should be included
View the proposed changes
Hard copies of the proposed changes will be available at:
- Inner West Council Service Centres
- Haberfield, Balmain and Marrickville libraries
Make a submission
Council invites your feedback on the proposed amendments
- Online: by completing the 2. Flood management submission 19/SF94
- Mail: Inner West Council, PO Box 14, Petersham, NSW 2049 Reference: 19/SF94
Submissions close on 30 April at 5pm
What happens next?
Everyone who makes a submission will be emailed to advise the date at which the elected Council will decide whether to adopt the amendments.
Register at Your Say Inner West to receive a monthly e-news on all projects open for community input and project updates.