Council is proposing to construct landscaped kerb extensions in Albany Road at the intersection of Douglas Street to increase pedestrian safety, enhance the local streetscape, and improve drainage.
The proposed works include:
- constructing landscaped kerb extensions on both sides of Albany Road to reduce the crossing distance for pedestrians;
- reconstructing the footpath near the kerb extensions;
- constructing kerb ramps on both sides of the street;
- providing a new street tree within the kerb extension; and
- installing all associated signage, replacing any damaged signs and repairing faded linemarkings.
This proposal will not result in the removal of any legal on-street parking spaces.
Council is also proposing to resurface Albany Road between Douglas Street and Percival Road this financial year, subject to final funding allocations.
Council has not yet made any commitment to change the traffic arrangements in your street. A report, together with the community’s comments and this proposal, will be considered by Council’s Local Traffic Committee at a meeting on 6 October 2016. The Committee will make recommendations for Council to consider at its 25 October 2016 meeting.