We're reviewing our major events program and we want to know what you think about Council events held in the Inner West on 26 January.
At its meeting on 13 November 2018, the elected Council resolved that officers conduct a holistic review of the events program, incorporating:
a. Consideration of the reframing the Marrickville community festival currently held on 26 January; and
b. Consultation with the local Aboriginal community and the wider community about how the nature of Council’s January 26 events should further evolve to recognise the history of Indigenous Australia.
View Council's media release for further information.
Have your say
You are invited to provide your input:
- By completing the 26 January events review survey
Comments close on Wednesday, 7 April 2019.
What happens next?
- All feedback will be considered and will inform reccomendations reported to the elected Council for decision.
- Everyone who provides feedback will be emailed a link to the report, outlining the community feedback officer recommendations and date of the Council meeting.
- Updates will be posted on this project page.
- Make sure you register for Your Say Inner West - you'll receive a monthly e-news promoting all the projects open for community comment, and project updates, including Council decisions.