At its meeting on Tuesday 13 September 2022 Council considered a consultation report and agreed to enter into a Voluntary Planning Agreement with Corvas Pty Ltd.
Read the Council resolution below
1. Enter into the Amended Voluntary Planning Agreement for 1-5 Chester Street, Annandale as provided in Attachment 1 to this report; and
2. Authorises the General Manager to approve an amendment to the parties to the amended VPA should the property be sold.
For more information
Inner West Council and Corvas Pty Ltd are proposing to enter into a Voluntary Planning Agreement (VPA) which would take effect on the date it is executed by both parties.
The Voluntary Planning Agreement is in relation to the redevelopment of 1-5 Chester Street, Annandale.
The redevelopment will provide
- 5 storey mixed use building containing ground floor and lower ground floor commercial tenancies
- 3 levels of student accommodation comprising self contained studio apartments, communal facilities
- Landscaped through site link
- Basement structure containing car parking and servicing.
Key features of the Voluntary Planning Agreement
- Corvas Pty Ltd will provide a monetary contribution of $95,000 to Inner West Council which is to be provided prior to the first construction certificate.
- Corvas Pty Ltd will dedicate to Inner West Council land comprising of 359m2 being 6 metres wide for the through site link to be used by cyclists and pedestrians.
- Corvas Pty Ltd will build the through site link and soft and hard landscaping the area adjoining the through site link and provide lighting.
- The development is to be a 4 green star building including an electric vehicle charging station.
Have your say
Other ways to provide feedback
In writing addressed to Peter Gainsford General Manager, Inner West Council, PO BOX 14, Petersham 2049
Call a FREE Interpreter or the National Relay Service, Monday to Friday between 9am-4pm and provide our phone number 02 9392 5347.
- Free Interpreter call TIS National on 131 450
- Voice relay call 1300 555 727
- TTY call 133 677
- SMS relay call 0423 677 767
What happens next?
After the exhibition closes, your feedback will be reported to Council who will then decide whether to enter into the VPA or not. The report will be considered by Council at its meeting. Anyone who makes a submission will be notified of the Council meeting.