Council adopts revised Community Engagement Framework
At its meeting on 26 November 2019 Council considered community feedback and adopted the revised Community Engagement Framework. In its decision Council resolved to:
1. Receive and note results of the Draft Community Engagement Framework public exhibition, updated to incorporate legislated requirements for community participation in planning and assessment functions;
2. Adopt the Draft Community Engagement Framework for publication on the NSW Planning Portal by 1 December 2019; and
3. Prepare and publicly exhibit for 28 days draft Development Control Plans (DCPs) to remove the notification chapters from:
- Comprehensive DCP 2016 for Ashbury, Ashfield, Croydon, Croydon Park, Haberfield, Hurlstone Park and Summer Hill (Ashfield DCP)
- Leichhardt DCP 2013
- Marrickville DCP 2011
4. Part 5, Table 2 be amended in the following way:
a) Section B: Amend 'minimum 5 properties' to 'minimum 10 properties'
b) Sections C & D: Amend to include "*Minimum 24 properties around the subject site will be notified regardless of the distance from the property"
Read the Council report.