Inner West Council has created a new draft Mobile Food Vending policy and draft checklist.
Key features of the draft policy are
- to provides clarity on options for mobile food trucks and food vans on private land, council-owned roads and public land across the area
- to encourage food trucks and vans into the area, while meeting public health requirements, protecting existing business and minimising impacts on residents
Read the draft Mobile Food Vending policy here
Read the draft application checklist for a mobile food vending vehicle location
How will the new policy be introduced?
Once the new policy has been adopted by Council a number of measures will be put in place to help existing and potential business owners apply for a location to operate in.
- The first round of applications will be assessed in a pool to ensure fairness and diversity of trucks across locations, this application pool will be open approx. 6 weeks
- The pool of initial food truck applications will be assessed in the usual way, but will be contacted by Council Officers to discuss their application. Read more FAQs here
Attend an information session
- Date – Monday 14 August 2017
- Times- 11am and 5pm
- Location - Petersham Service Centre, 2 -14 Fisher Street, Petersham
Can't get to a session? Ask a question online here
Have your say on the draft policy and process
- Online using the submission form below
- You can also have your say by post, addressed to The Interim General Manager, Inner West Council, 2-14 Fisher Street, Petersham 2049. Comments close at 5pm, 25 August 2017.
What happens next?
A report on the submissions received will be prepared and the policy, along with any amendments, will be submitted to Council for adoption.