The purpose of the plan is to improve the streetscape environments for people to walk, cycle and visit in a pedestrian orientated village retail centre.
The master plan will focus on the precinct as a key local centre and its functions as
- a through road, bus route, light and heavy rail access point
- a pedestrian/cycle/vehicle connection from Dulwich Hill to Earlwood via Wardell Road
- an east-west pedestrian and cycle connection along the railway line from Marrickville to Hurlstone Park,
- a strip of commerce and employment
- a destination for cafes, takeaway foods and local supplies