Deferred for further consultation before returning to Council for decision
At its meeting on 13 October 2020, Council considered a post exhibition report. The original motion was lost and a Foreshadowed Motion was adopted
13 October 2020 C1020(1) Item 2
Arlington Recreation Reserve-Adoption of Operational Plan Motion: (Macri/Byrne)
1. Adopt the Arlington Recreation Reserve Operational Plan and commence work on the establishment of the Arlington Recreational Reserve Operation Committee; and
2. Investigate a solution whether it be a sound wall barrier or tree planting to reduce the impact of noise on the residents.
For Motion: Crs Byrne, Drury, Macri, Raciti and York
Against Motion: Crs Da Cruz, Hesse, Kiat, Lockie, McKenna OAM, Passas, Stamolis and Steer
Foreshadowed Motion (Kiat/Hesse)
THAT this item be deferred for consultation with local residents, prior to report back to Council for adoption, and that the following matters be addressed in that consultation:
1. That the hours of operation be reviewed including options of weekend day closures;
2. Insert escalation point for complaints to Council following complaint being reported to Community Liaison Representative;
3. Establish clear guidelines for acceptable noise impact on neighbouring residences and mechanism for reporting;
4. That selection criteria be developed for community representatives
5. Local resident representatives on Committee must be from immediate vicinity, not members of the sports playing at Arlington Reserve, and may request Council convene meetings once per month if required to address unresolved issues impacting local residents.
6. The impact of traffic and noise on local residents to be a standing item on the Committee agenda, with the Committee to adopt the goal of improving traffic and noise issues over time; and
7. Investigate a solution whether it be a sound wall barrier or tree planting to reduce the impact of noise on the residents.
For Motion: Crs Byrne, Da Cruz, Hesse, Kiat, Lockie, Macri, McKenna OAM, Passas, Raciti, Stamolis, Steer and York
Against Motion: Cr Drury